Emergency Planning for Businesses
With thoughts of returning to work and the uncertainty of how or what that would look like from a health and safety point of view; I wanted to share some information regarding our Infection Control Services and Products. We already supporting a number of local authorities as well as the NHS, the Frontline Services and many UK businesses.
What is Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Keeping Safe against Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the Workplace
We understand that the workplace is one of the most concerning places in which diseases are spread; spending so much time in confined spaces it is no wonder diseases are transmitted so easily. Keeping safe in the workplace from viruses such as coronavirus is hugely important to remain healthy. As such we produce the below recommendations:
Insist that everyone be more aware of his or her personal hygiene by:
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly with a sanitised soap and water for 20 Seconds or more. The World Health Organisation (WHO) has issued recommended use of diligent hand hygiene, using Hand Sanitising Wash, including Alcohol Based Sanitisers, as the best method of virus prevention. A Gel with 70% or higher concentration of ethanol is recommended to give an effective bug-kill rate. This can also be used as an additional sanitiser on some surfaces.
- Always carry tissues and cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing to ensure pathogens are not spread to others – bin the tissue as soon as possible.
- Avoid touching nose, mouth and eyes with unwashed hands.
- Using hard-surface disinfectants on all surfaces (including mouse, keyboard, handles and work surfaces ect). Ensure a thorough regular cleaning program is in place daily. Choosing a cleaner and sanitiser that has passed the EN 1276 certification, to kill Gram+ and Gram- germs.
- Ensure your employer is providing frequent cleaning throughout your business.
- Sanitise and disinfect surfaces, such as phones, keyboards and doorknobs, toilets, kettles, toys ect
- Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness or if you are showing signs stay at home.
- Use disposable cloths to minimise the risk of cross-contamination. We suggest colour-coded cloths to segregate between areas, dispose of them after use.
- It goes without saying that PPE is always important, and in particular when there is a heightened risk of infection.
- Fog Decontamination Cleaning for your business – we use this method to decontaminate and kill airborne bacteria in schools, theatres, public transport, for more information on this process. See www.apt-icc.co.uk/fog-decontamination
How can we help with Commercial Cleaning near me?
With over 30 years of Infection Control experience, we are fully equipped to manage all levels of viruses and disease within the business. Having worked with contaminated environments in the past, our fully certified technicians have the correct equipment and chemicals to combat a whole host of diseases and infections, including coronavirus.
Using leading biocides and disinfectant formulated solutions we can combat the current coronavirus outbreak, closely providing guidance to help reduce the risk of infection.
Being familiar with various outbreaks, most recently being Coronavirus, we are offering our cleaning chemical services to businesses and facilities that are perhaps suffering with the outbreak. Alongside this, if your business is looking to book-in a more general maintenance clean, then we can advise on the most suitable method for your business.
Risk Assessment Check List
- Firstly, identify where the greatest risk and potential of this problem is in entering and spreading in the workplace
- Introduce a best working practice policy to keep cross contamination risk to a minimum. Ask the staff for their input to reach a general acceptable policy, this will encourage awareness and will help with implementation
- Instruct a dedicated person to manage and monitor the plan
- Review and tighten up your cleaning policies and procedures
- Have discussions with the cleaning operatives or contractors to enforce a more stringent or additional cleaning process for the short term
- Closely monitor and arrange regular feedback to discover if any other improvements can be made
- Ensure your company are using and applying suitable products that contain effective and proven bactericidal ingredients to clean and sanitise all vulnerable surfaces
- Erect signs in strategic locations, reminding your employees of the seriousness of Coronavirus, advising them of more stringent hygiene policy and the need to wash their hands before returning to work
- In the event of a full-blown outbreak temporary policies firms could adopt include, banning non-essential meetings
- Other measures include distributing hand wipes for telephones to reduce the risk of spreading the virus through handsets clean surfaces frequently
- Wearing a face mask may encourage complacency. People must focus on good hygiene
- Should an employee have a cold or flu virus, request that they take leave and obtain immediate attention
- Be aware that some people have lower immune systems and are more susceptible to catching virus
Suggested Action to Prevent Against the Spread of Coronavirus
Front Line Staff
Always keep personal alcohol sanitiser (70% plus alcohol) in offices, receptions, vehicles and with you when visiting clients.
Offices & Communal Areas
Spray Germ Tec regularly around the office, every 2 hours to kill airborne bacteria.
We recommend spraying Ultimate AX an antibacterial cleaner spray on to a cloth and wipe over common office surfaces, such as desks, telephones, computer keyboards and door handles etc. This will provide longer term protection.
At least twice per day use Viro-Kill, certified to EN 1276 to clean and sanitise all kitchen surfaces, appliances and handles.
General Work & Production Areas
At least twice per day use Viro-Kill or Sani Wipes with its triple biocide action (dilute 100-1) to clean and sanitize all water safe surfaces, door handles, work surfaces & appliances.
Transport and Work Vehicles
Regularly throughout the day use Dekon 50 or Viro-Kill to clean and disinfect all surfaces including handles and fabrics. Spray into the air and onto surfaces to kill air borne bacteria.
Our Infection control Service
APT have 30 years’ experience in Infection Control and have a consultant chemist within the organisation, so please feel free to call on our FREE PHONE 0800 0723 773 or contact us to find out how our team of health technicians can help or alternatively find out which products are right for your applications, we’re here to help you with Commercial Cleaning near me.