Client Details: The Vue, Cwmbran Leisure Park
Blue Sky Property Investments
Project: K Render Cleaning and Structural Stone Cleaning
The building structure located in Cwmbran, Torfaen was several years old and has suffered from unsightly algae growth to the K Render. The pathways had moss and growth, some near to access and important exit doors which became extremely slippery when wet. The building was an important part of the focal point for the town of Cwmbran in the borough of Torfaen. The client wanted to bring the building back to standard to further enhance public enjoyment and experience.
There were difficult obstacles regarding constant public use in many parts of the building and day to day shoppers on the busiest thoroughfare in Cwmbran town, these were overcome by detailed and flexible approach and day to day management with and on behalf of the client who has now suggested a further two similar jobs in the future and a regular annual maintenance re-visit.
- To remove unsightly algae growth from all K-Rend surfaces.
- To remove moss and algae from pedestrian pathways.
- To clean stone and masonry to remove efflorescence staining.
- To enhance visual appearance and visitor experience.
- We carried out a full property survey with the client management team and discussed the various options and approach to the job including the safety of public traffic and management.
- We forwarded a detailed project plan and liaised with the onsite team to reduce disruption to public and traders.
- APT hired in the lift access equipment to specifications. We liaised with the Road and Highways departments.
- We carried out the K Rend cleaning by first carrying out test area sample to agree the finish.
- The affected surfaces were treated with APT’s specialised solution Algae Free.
- A low pressure high steam hot box system was used to remove the stubborn algae to avoid damaging the K Render coating.
- We soda blasted the stone surfaces to remove the staining and graffiti.
- APT treated the pathways to remove moss after treating with high pressure jet washing.
We delivered the project on time and to the exact standard required by the client. The building looked immaculate once again thus enhancing the appearance.
“To all concerned, APT carried out a tremendous job to remove and clean all the algae staining from the commercial centre under difficult circumstances involving the movement of public, this was managed and delivered without incident thanks to all at APT.”
Head Surveyor, Heyward Properties