Expert cleaning and conservation of brick work
The purpose of masonry cleaning is to remove aged contamination and atmospheric pollutants while being sympathetic to all bricks, stone masonry and joint mortars.
Soda blasting and doff type low pressure super-heated steam cleaning can achieve excellent results even on the most difficult embedded contaminants without using chemical cleaning methods or aggressive high pressure water washing on old brickwork and all stone masonry including limestone.
SYMPATHETIC BRICK CLEANING METHODS
The development of air vortex II blast cleaning combined with gentle blast media`s to enable us to clean buildings facades with elements of old brickwork and masonry finished to be cleaned with least damage. Soda blasting is one of our preferred methods of revitalising your brickwork. It uses precision compressed air to fire specially graded sodium bicarbonate crystals or other medias at the masonry, brickwork in order to remove surface deposits.
Soda blasting is particularly suited to the removal of:
- Organic lime, exterior and gloss based paints
- Lime scale
- Effervescence staining
- Atmospheric Carbon soiling
- Graffiti removal
- Bird droppings
- Algal blooms
Building cleaning using Soda blast cleaning technology does not damage the substrate and is environmentally friendly. Sodium bicarbonate is much softer than bricks so it does not act as an abrasive to the surface. It works from the outside in, gently removing successive layers of the contamination until the surface of the brick is reached. Traditional methods are less controlled and will remove the layer of soiling in one fell swoop, damaging the surface of your brickwork. Contact us to see how we can help you with Brick Cleaning and Commercial Cleaning near me.
Where the main problems are with moss, algae and fungi, the APT Hot Box system is perfect. This was designed by our site operatives working with engineers and uses low pressure steam at high temperature. It is a very efficient brick cleaning method that cuts down on labour costs and therefore it is a highly cost effective option for our clients. Get in touch to see how we can help you with Brick Cleaning and Commercial Cleaning near me. Other benefits include:
- Quick drying as the steam is super heated and the low volume of water needed to create the steam means very little water is left on the surface of the bricks
- Can be used in all seasons as the low pressures used do not force water droplets into any pores in the bricks, reducing the chances of freeze-thaw damage
- Low surface pressure prevents damage to soft brickwork
- High temperatures kill the spores of mosses, algae and fungi meaning that no chemical inhibitors need to be used either before or after cleaning in order to retard re-growth