What is Soda Blast Cleaning?
The APT Eco Precision Blast System is revolutionary. It is an environmentally friendly, non-destructive, non-abrasive blasting process using specially formulated granules of natural bicarbonate of soda and controlled amounts of compressed air. No harmful conventional chemical cleaning products are used.
Soda blasting is by far the quickest, safest and most cost effective method to clean and remove decades of pollution, residues, micro-organisms and coatings from virtually any surface without damaging the substrate.
For more information on our Eco Soda Blasting services - visit our soda blasting website www.aptsodablasting.co.uk
Why is Soda Blast Cleaning so Effective?
Blasting soda is an extremely friable and soft material that undergoes micro fragmentation on impact, taking away surface materials without damaging the fabric of your building or surface. Soda particles fracture on impact thus providing the energy for a thorough cleaning action while softening the impact on the substrate.
Our specialised soda blasting technique is fast becoming the preferred method for cleaning and restoring many heritage and architectural buildings, monuments, commercial buildings, industrial and engineering works, refineries, food processing, transport and marine structures.
It is a proven, highly versatile process with many applications in cleaning, renovation and restoration including:
- Paint stripping
- Graffiti removal
- Molecular steel passivation against rust
- Oil removal by saponification and translocation
- Paint emoval from delicate fibreglass
- Industrial equipment maintenance
The Soda Blast cleaning process…
We operate with blast pressures from as low as 0.5 bar using the New Vortex II Spin Head Nozzle which allows for greater accuracy for very sensitive services.
Our soda blast cleaning equipment is a unique design combined with the latest technology that complies with European Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC, also known as the PED.
It is a self-contained system that includes a blast generator, high pressure compressed air, moisture decontamination system, blast hose with remote controls, and a blast nozzle that is capable of handling dry or wet blasting material.
Some of the benefits of soda blasting – for full list click on major benefits.
- Environmentally friendly – no dangerous solvents, chemicals or harmful abrasives are used. These can seriously damage the fabric of your building and create disposal issues
- Gentle – mild and non-abrasive, will not damage the material of your building
- Quick – cleans in a fraction of time compared to traditional cleaning methods, saving you costs while reducing any disturbance to your business
- Rapid clean up – little or nothing needs to be spent to clean up following soda blasting
- Highly versatile – can be used on a multitude of surfaces to remove a multitude of coatings, debris and pollution
- Low pressure system safety – using the unique Vortex II spin head nozzle
- Non-flammable & non-sparking
- Where can soda blasting be used?
- Architectural, historical & period properties
- Engineering & components
- Swimming pools
- Medical waste
- Food processing facilities
- Industrial kitchens
- Fire damage
- Flood damage
- Commercial buildings
- Marine – including anti fouling & hulls
- Monument restoration
- Rail – stations, carriages & tracks
- Remedial works
- Residential properties
Used to remove:
- Chrome – without warping thin sheet metal
Can be used safely on:
- Stainless steel
- Sandstone and other stonework
- Hydraulic cylinders
- Carbon fibre
- Stainless Steel
- Fibre glass
With over 25 years’ experience in specialised cleaning & restoration industry coupled with our unrivalled knowledge in the use of this technology in the UK, we firmly believe that soda blast cleaning is without doubt the best solution on the market. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions; we’re always happy to help.
Rated as Excellent by our customers
High Level Commercial Cleaning at Abergavenny Market Hall
The Senior property services manager called APT to arrange a short notice high level commercial deep cleaning (http://www.apt-icc.co.uk/high-level-cleaning) and commercial painting (http://www.apt-icc.co.uk/commercial-painting) of the Abergavenny market hall which was a venue picked to host the confirmed 2015 Welsh National Eisteddfod.READ MORE >>