Dry Ice Blasting
Dry ice blasting is also known as cryogenic cleaning. One of the many benefts of this blasting process is the speed at which it can clean, it is also non-toxic and an economical solution for almost any cleaning application.
Using dry ice cleaning saves you time as there is no need for dismantling or disassembly, nor must you wait for long clean up periods before restarting factory production or equipment. As for building restoration stone cleaning, masonry, brick cleaning or removing unwanted coatings such as graffiti, you will see an instant visual improvement.
This blast system is particularly advantageous to industries using hot-moulding techniques - moulds can be cleaned in-place, resulting in greater productivity. You can operate right up to the moment our team arrive and restart again even before their dry ice blaster is loaded back into the van!
There is virtually no additional waste from our process, the only waste that requires removal is that which has been removed from the surface being cleaned since the dry ice simply sublimes and returns to the air. You benefit from shorter, deep cleaning times than with conventional industrial cleaning methods.
There are many industries that we serve with our blast cleaning system, we have listed a few below and by all means it is not exhaustive...
- Commercial cleaning within the food industry - whether it is deep cleaning or you are faced with the task of cleaning greasy, carbonised food processing equipment or food packaging machinery, our mobile contractors can be at your hand to make the process quick and easy.
- We can even carry out specialised aircraft turbine blade cleaning, where otherwise water or the presence of a blast media would cause problems.
- Dry ice blasting is perfect to clean delicate, interior features on your heritage building restoration project.
- Industrial cleaning - our sytem will even work on tasks that involve the removal of bitumen or tar residues which can cause your machinery to malfunction, sometmes costing thousands to repair or replace.
Take a look at this short video on how dry ice blasting works - https://youtu.be/uyz03W9xKzo?list=PLEDtCePkRzD-lDTRRW9CtdL4lmdh-LD-N
What are the Advantages of using APT as your Cryogenic Cleaning Contractor?
- Initial site visit to assess the scope of your project
- All of our operator are fully trained
- Over 25 years of experience and expertise in the cleaning industry
- One-off or maintenance cleaning contracts available
- Customised cleaning programme to minimise disruption to your daily routine
To benefit from the best dry ice cleaning service, call 0800 0723 773 to chat to our expert customer service team.
Features and Benefits of Dry Ice Blasting
- No chemicals other than frozen carbon dioxide which sublimes on contact. Therefore there is less waste to clean up at the end
- Much less dust than with conventional blast cleaning methods so dry ice blasting can safely be used indoors or in other applications where dust build up is an issue
- No water so you benefit from corrosion free cleaning and no danger of causing damage to electrical equipment
- Low explosive risk rated so you can use a dry ice blaster in potentially explosive environments
- Contamination is removed right back to the substrate
- Minimal down time as cleaning can start immediately, no disassembly or cooling down time required
- A dry ice blaster can be used for in-situ cleaning with the benefit that your maintenance staff can be working on other jobs instead of disassembling and reassembling equipment for the cleaning process
Dry Ice Cleaning Applications
There is a use for dry ice blast cleaning in virtually all industries:
- Aviation e.g. removal of rubber from runways, cleaning aircraft landing gear, delicate applications such as turbine blades
- Equipment and machinery e.g. switchboards, conveyors, mixers
- Energy & utility companies e.g. turbines, compressors, transformers, switch gear
- Food preparation and processing e.g. moulds, mixers, electrical components and motors
- Automotive e.g. moulds, conveyors, electrical components
- Architectural e.g. interior delicate features, hardwood beams
- Construction e.g. mould and lead paint removal
- Railway and road transport e.g. railway carriages, conduits, fans, food truck interiors
- Solar panels
- Tanks and confined spaces
- Fire restoration
- Listed building interior restoration
- Printing e.g. rollers
Environmentally Sound Cleaning
Dry ice blasting is the perfect alternative to conventional blasting methods. It is non-abrasive and minimises environmental impact as the only dust is the small amount from the material removed from the substrate. Using a dry ice cleaner is about as environmentally friendly as it gets, the carbon dioxide that is released into the air during blasting came from the air in the first place!
Why waste any more time searching for a dry ice blasting service - ring 0800 0723 773 to talk to the cryogenic cleaning experts.
Rated as Excellent by our customers