or simply call 0800 0723 773 and contact us now.
For scientifically designed products to help combat this virus in your workplace, visit www.aptcommercialchemicals.co.uk/infection-control-antiviral-sanitising-products
Use this guide to reduce and also protect your business from the Coronavirus infection.
Risk Assessment Check List
- Firstly identify where the greatest risk and potential of this problem is in entering and spreading in the workplace
- Introduce a best working practice policy to keep cross contamination risk to a minimum. Ask the staff for their input to reach a general acceptable policy, this will encourage awareness and will help with implementation
- Instruct a dedicated person to manage and monitor the plan
- Review and tighten up your cleaning policies and procedures
- Have discussions with the cleaning operatives or contractors to enforce a more stringent or additional cleaning process for the short term
- Closely monitor and arrange regular feedback to discover if any other improvements can be made
- Ensure your company are using and applying suitable products that contain effective and proven bactericidal ingredients to clean and sanitise all vulnerable surfaces
- Erect signs in strategic locations, reminding your employees of the seriousness of Swine Flu/advising them of more stringent hygiene policy/the need to wash their hands before returning to work
- In the event of a full-blown outbreak temporary policies firms could adopt include, banning non-essential meetings
- Others measures include distributing hand wipes for telephones to reduce the risk of spreading the virus through handsets clean surfaces frequently
- Wearing a face mask may encourage complacency. People must focus on good hygiene
- Should an employee have a cold or flu virus, request that they take leave and obtain immediate attention
- Be aware that some people have lower immune systems and are more susceptible to catching viruses
Insist that everyone be more aware of his or her personal hygiene by:
- Ensuring everyone washes their hands regularly with an effective sanitising solution – Steri Gel
- Always carrying tissues
- Using tissues to cover your mouth and nose when you cough and sneeze
- Binning the tissues as soon as possible
Front Line Staff
Always keep personal portable packs 500ml of Steri Gel in vehicles and special personalised 65ml belt pack with you when visiting clients.
Offices & Communal Areas
Sprayed Germ Tec regularly around the office, every 2 hours to kill airborne bacteria.
We recommend Ultimate AX sanatising spray on to a cloth and wipe over common office. Appliances such as telephones, computer keyboards and door handles etc for longer term protection.
At least twice per day use VIROKILL with its triple biocide action (dilute 100 -1) to clean and sanitize all kitchen surfaces, appliances and handles.
General Work & Production Areas
At least twice per day use VIROKILL or Sani Wipes with its triple biocide action (dilute 100-1) to clean and sanitize all water safe surfaces, door handles, work surfaces & appliances.
Transport and Work Vehicles
Regularly throughout the day use Dekon 50 or VIROKILL to clean and disinfect all surfaces including handles and fabrics. Spray into the air and onto surfaces to kill air borne bacteria.
Constantly carry and use Steri-Rinse.
Key Infection Control Product List
Click on product links below for product information.
- VIROKILL – Terminal Disinfectant Cleaner. Designed to fight against Coronavirus
- Dekon 50 – Contains a unique triple kill biocide, highly effective even when diluted at 50-1. Safe to use on most surfaces
- Germ Tec – Hard surface sanitiser and deodorizer
- Ultimate AX – Antibacterial Cleaner Spray
- Steri-Gel/Wash – Antibacterial Hand Gel
- Sani Wipes – Alcohol based wipes
- Bi-Active – Disinfectant and Hard Surface Cleaner
- MagnaClean – Anti-Bacterial Kitchen Degreaser
- Safeguard – Barrier Cream
- Ancillary Products & Protective Wear –
- Vinyl Gloves & other PPE
Get In Touch With Us
Simply call 0800 0723 773 now or contact us for information on how our specialised team can further assist you. Full product COSHH and DATA sheets are available. Visit our website www.aptcommercialchemicals.co.uk
Latest Coronavirus News
- BBC News: Coronavirus Outbreak
- WHO (World Health Organisation)
- Coronavirus UK: FTSE 100 falls as Britain confirms two cases
Don’t forgot to stock up on your winter maintenance products and keep yourself and your staff safe this winter. See our Ice Break Extreme winter maintenance product range.